How to Be Listed in the Helpline Database
Agencies and businesses serving seniors, caregivers, and persons with a disability in Florida may be eligible to be listed as resources with the state’s 11 Elder Helplines. For-profit businesses are listed in addition to government funded and non-profit programs in an effort to meet the needs of all seniors and provide options for those who can pay for the services they need. The 11 Helplines share one state-wide information and referral database that includes national, state, and local community resources. It is not only available to Helplines statewide, but it is also available for online searches.
The Helpline is one of the states helplines in Florida. It is a federally funded program at the Area Agency On Aging Of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc., a designated Aging and Disability Resource Center. The Helpline provides information and referral/assistance services in Pasco and Pinellas Counties to seniors, caregivers, and disabled adults.
There are 3 separate documents below that are part of the application package: the cover letter, the inclusion-exclusion criteria for the database and the application. The application for the statewide database is available below as a Word document or as an Adobe pdf file that can be printed. Copies of the documents can also be obtained by calling the Helpline at 1-800-963-5337. Calling from outside the area: 727-217-8111.
Click here if you want to download free Adobe software in order to access the application package. If you have an older version of the software, you may need to upgrade in order to read the files.
- Cover Letter (PDF)(updated 2014)
- Cover Letter (WORD) (updated 2014)
- Statewide Inclusion Exclusion Criteria (PDF) (updated 2014)
- ADRC-Statewide-Integrated-Database-Application-_-2017.pdf (Updated November 2017)
Agencies and businesses that are interested in becoming part of the database must:
* Comply with the eligibility requirements listed in the Statewide Inclusion-Exclusion Criteria, including having been in business for at least one year at the time of application. (A pdf copy is provided above.)
* Complete and return the application including:
- Agency contact information
- Services that your agency or business is willing to provide as a stand-alone or primary service
- Areas served
- Eligibility requirements
- A paragraph that describes your agency or business, and should include any qualifications or amenities that should be considered in choosing your service.
* Provide copies of any licenses that the agency holds to do business.
* Sign the acknowledgment portion of the application. This signature is required by DOEA.
There is no charge to be listed in the state-wide Information and Referral database.
Return the application to:
Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc.
9549 Koger Blvd.
Gadsden Building, Suite 100
St Petersburg, FL 33702
Attn: Tracy Barrows
If complaints are received against an agency or business, then the Helpline has the authority to remove the listing from the Helpline database.