Executive Director Search
The Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas Inc, (AAAPP) located in St Petersburg, FL, is seeking a seasoned professional to serve as Executive Director. This is an opportunity for the right candidate with proven leadership skills and demonstrated skill for partnership cultivation to lead a mission-driven organization serving older adults and adults with disabilities, in Pasco and Pinellas counties in west central Florida. In accordance with the Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA) and other funding sources, the Executive Director is responsible for directing and administering the overall operations of the Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc., as the designated Aging and Disability Resource Center. Print a PDF version of the job description: Executive Director Position
Responsibilities (Include, but are not limited to):
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of agency staff
- Plan and implement training and support programs for staff
- Direct all activities related to the Area Plan
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Department of Elder Affairs and other Area Agencies on Aging.
- Perform liaison work with elected and appointed officials of state and federal government, and appropriate county, city and local officials.
- Direct the preparation of the agency’s annual budget and expenditures of agency budget consistent with agency goals and objectives.
- Responsible for hiring and terminating all staff of the agency
- Coordinate activities and serves as liaison to Board of Directors and Board Committees
- Explore expanded opportunities for fundraising and financial stability and implement as feasible
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in public administration, education, social work, or a related academic area with a minimum of five years of professional and/or administrative supervisory experience in social, economic, health, or rehabilitative services. A Master’s degree can substitute for one year of required work experience. Extensive experience in project management and/or community organization and planning related to older adult services is preferred.
The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the AAAPP’s Board of Directors. All successful candidates will be required to pass a DOEA Level II Background Check. Salary Range: $95,000 to $125,000
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit resumes and cover letters by regular mail and email no later than Friday, February 17, 2017, 5:00 PM EST as follows:
STEP 1: Submit three (3) copies each of resume and cover letter and mail to:
Virginia Rowell, Board President
Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc.
9549 Koger Blvd., Ste 100
St Petersburg, FL 33702
Step 2: By email: Submit resume and cover letter in a PDF format to Virginia Rowell, Board President and email to email@example.com
NOTE: Due to budget restrictions, we are unable to provide candidates any financial assistance with travel expenses, lodging, and/or relocation expenses.
DF/SF WP, EOE